9.04.2008

REASON 7

Reason 7: Her intense love and bond for and with her grandparents. The first family of Michelle's that I met the spring of 1983 was her grandfather Odell "Ted" Tedrow. Michelle's mom Melinda and her grandmother Grace were on a geneology trip to SLC and Grandpa Ted was holding down the fort. It was amazing and inspiring to watch Michelle's deep love and devotion to her "Pampa." It has also been one of the great blessings of my life to be a part of that special family relationship. I was readily accepted as Ted and Grace's grandson and some of our most treasured memories in the early years of our little family was hauling little Ashley and Arica on a plane or in a minivan all the way to El Paso Texas to visit the doting grandparents. The love and adoration that was heaped upon our little family on those visits will be an incredible memory in a very special place in my heart. I owe all that to my beautiful wife and devoted granddaughter.

Thanks Michelle, I love you and dedicate this Reason 7 to two of the most beautiful people I have ever known, Ted and Grace. Thanks for sharing them with me.

No comments: